pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

IDIA Readings 4/1

Saffer 7

It's hard for me to even think about adaptive design considering I'm still so new to interaction design overall. The amount of work that goes into a simple mobile app is enough to make my eyes cross, so the idea of foreseeing how adaptation could strengthen its usage is a bit mind boggling. On the other hand, maybe it's a "work smart not hard" idea, and by allowing your design to adapt, you actually make LESS decisions then when designing the supposed "
dumb" apps we use today. It's amazing how far we've come in just a decade, and astonishing to think that the rate of improvement in data, storage, and design is only going to exponentially grow faster as each day/month/year passes. Adaptation design seems to be the next important factor in getting ahead of the design curve and developing for future success with an interactive product. I can see now why there are certain apps that really speak to me, and others that don't. It's the interaction and adaptation design that best fits me and my habits that keeps me coming back to use them.

1 comment:

  1. I think you make more decisions BUT, I think creating more adaptive apps is intellectually more challenging which makes it seem better. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete