pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Logo redesigns

There is a time in a brand's life where it may need to revisit the drawing board. Redesigning a logo has challenges. You don't want to stray too far or risk losing any brand awareness...that is, of course, unless you are trying to run from something. I wonder when and why it's a good time to redesign a logo. Here are a few redesigns I found at Logo Guru and my take on them:

I like this one for Airtel. I think it has a much more modern feel and brings some softness to it with the addition of the curved lines and more casual text.  

Oh Dodge. Why oh why did you think this was a good idea. The Ram has power. Your new stripes do not. Can it get any more generic than this?

I'm in the middle on this one. I like the redesign – it's clean and light – but I'm not sure the need was there to change. Maybe it's subtle enough that it just freshens up the brand, and if that was the goal, then good job to the designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment